AYUNA the facial HIGH, 200ml – Prebiotic Refining Concentrate pH 3.5 - 3.7- exfoliating pores-minimising glow essence, balances the skin’s microbiota
- THE FACIAL - Low: pH 4.2 - 4.5
- THE FACIAL - High: pH 3.5 - 3.7
- visually transforms the skin, improving its appearance
- helps maintain skin microbiota in balance
- evens skin tone & minimises the appearance of pores
- stimulates the skin’s natural luminosity
- helps keep skin healthy & controls excess sebum
- harnessing the Power of Nature Through Technology - AYUNA's patented bio-tech processes are used to obtain Plasmas rich in Botanical Cell Factors & Phyto-Peptides - highly concentrated botanical molecules that harness the full power of nature & expand its benefits to the skin
- 100% natural, with organic certified ingredients, advanced green technology, formulate using only responsibly sourced, clean & non-toxic sustainably produced ingredients free from pesticide- & herbicide-free, vegan & cruelty-free
- sustainably & ethically sourced - employing cultivation methods with minimal water & carbon footprint.
- all skin types - please read below FQA info
- ideal treatment to help balance, exfoliate & smooth skin on a daily basis
- Thicker skin & stronger results - Up to twice a day
- Thinner skin & mild results - Down to every other day
How to use:
- shake well before using
- apply on clean skin, prior to your AYUNA treatment cream, onto face, neck & décolleté using fingertips or a cotton pad
- may be used in the morning and/or at night
- obs! avoid contact with eyes. sun spf protection is recommended.We suggest using sunscreens containing our non-synthetic natural eco SPF filters and those that are safe for sea life. Your favorite SPF eco product may be applied after AYUNA CREAM I or CREAM II.
- Is this a toner or essence? It’s not a serum, but it’s not really a toner either. It’s a colloidal system for daily use that exfoliates & balances all skin types. THE FACIAL is a powder-in-lotion formula that visibly transforms the skin by improving its look & feel. It refines the skin’s surface texture & leaves skin radiant & smooth.
- Can I Use THE FACIAL during daytime? Yes. THE FACIAL does not cause photosensitivity; however, the superficial exfoliation achieved with the formula exposes a thinner & less protected skin, leaving it more receptive to the sun. Because of this, AYUNA recommends daily use of non-chemical SPF sun protection or avoid prolonged sun exposure while using the product to minimise the risk of sun sensitivity/sunburn.
- Will this dry skin out from the acids? Each person’s skin is unique; you never really know exactly how the skin will respond to a given product. This depends on several factors including the skin type, the concentration (low or high) & the frequency of use (once or twice a day or every other day). Due to the acidic exfoliation action, you may experience increased dryness of the skin during the first days of use. However, the natural pH of the skin’s surface is, on average, below 5, which is beneficial for its resident flora. An acid pH appears to preserve the resident bacterial ﬂora whereas an alkaline pH causes dispersal from the skin.
- What results can I expect?
- ALL SKIN TYPES - enhances the penetration of other products & uncover healthier & younger skin
- MATURE SKIN - provides skin resurfacing & improvement in the signs of aging
- HYPERPIGMENTED SKIN - evens skin tone & enhances skin clarity & texture while visibly reducing the appearance of dark spots
- DRY SKIN - hydrates & softens skin texture leaving the skin velvety
- OILY & ACNE PRONE SKIN - unclogs & minimizes pores & clears blackheads
How can I incorporate THE FACIAL into a routine that already has retinol or ascorbic acid or other acids such as AHAs? Is it possible to use in the same routine?
THE FACIAL is compatible with RETINOL (Vitamin A)/ ASCORBIC ACID (Vitamin C)/ AHA & BHA, but, when combining THE FACIAL with other products containing those ingredients, other factors that affect absorption & penetration of acids must be considered:
- Percentages of acids / pH of the product
- Frequency of use
- Thickness of the skin
However, how the combination melds depends on additional factors:
- Skin type: effects are additive & therefore, an enhancement of penetration & activity can occur, which can increase the potential for discomfort or irritability of other ingredients for thinner & more delicate skins. (A patch test of the accumulated strength of the products in a small skin region is recommended.)
- Formulations of the product ingredients: The range of derivatives & delivery systems for these molecules can vary widely. Therefore, any special instructions regarding their specific compatibility with acid products should be considered.
Is THE FACIAL incompatible with anything? There are no known incompatibilities. The main characteristic of the formulas in terms of possible interactions is their acidity. Therefore, THE FACIAL should not be applied in combination with other products that recommend avoiding acid conditions.
As with any other cosmetic, it should not be applied on irritated or burned skin nor open wounds.
What are THE FACIAL active ingredients?
Triple Acid Exfoliation Blend - High = 30%, Low = 20%:
- Raspberry Vinegar (Rich in Acetic Acid, a low molecular weight acid) = exfoliant & antioxidant
- Glutamic Acid (Alpha-Amino Acid from fermented sugar cane & yucca) = exfoliant & detoxifier
- Succinic Acid (Diacid obtained from fermented corn) = exfoliant & prevents the growth of P.acnes
- Morinda Citrifolia Stem Cells - Prebiotic that balances sebum & microbiota, minimizes pore size
- Lactobacillus Ferment - moisturiser
- Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract - moisturiser
- What are the pH levels in the formulas?
- THE FACIAL - Low: pH 4.2 - 4.5
- THE FACIAL - High: pH 3.5 - 3.7
- OBS! How do we incorporate it into a skincare ritual?
Video: about the products scientific research & concept by co-founder. Dr. Isabel Ramos, PhD in chemistry & an expert in Green Technology & the development of natural cosmetics. At the core of her being is a deep focus in understanding the science the behind the skin, biochemical & biophysical mechanisms & the art of product textures.
Sent: in this products you’ll notice Ayuna’s signature Beautifulness scent combined with acidic vinegar. It’s definitely unique & somewhat medicinal, but in a pleasant way.
Texture: liquid with white particles inside (shake well)
FREE FROM: GMO, pesticides, fillers, artificial colors, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemicals & synthetic scents, parabens.
Ingredients: water (aqua), vinegar (acetum), glutamic acid, succinic acid, propanediol, glycerin, sodium chloride, glyceryl caprylate, morinda citrifolia callus culture lysate, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, lactobacillus ferment*, cocos nucifera (coconut) fruit extract*, gluconolactone, lactobacillus*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, beta-sitosterol, squalene, 100% natural fragrance from essential oils (parfum)**, citric acid.
**Natural & Probiotic Preservatives. Vegan.
***100% Natural Essential Oil-based Fragrance (Gurjum Balsam, Holy Wood, Myrrh, Chamomile, Rosemary, Buchu)